24.11.12

LI: Giving Thanks (& a Movie)

John and I skipped out on the traditional American Thanksgiving dinner bit and chose to hide in the bedroom while a large crowd of people assembled downstairs. I had thought (hoped) that would be the end of it, but was forcibly rousted from my sanctuary this evening for dinner out and a movie.

Already the restaurant (Zephyr Bar & Grill) had added a festive touch to its menu:



She had butternut squash bisque and a Caesar salad. I had bread.



It was good. Very filling. And there were three kinds of spread.

I also felt it might not be a bad idea to get a start on the holiday spirits.

I get the sense I might need a lot of this
to get through the coming weeks.

After dinner we went next door to the cinema. It's a nice little independent showplace. If we hadn't just eaten, we could have ordered a meal for the movie. As it was, we opted for the traditional popcorn and soda.



The movie was Argo. I liked it. She did too. I suppose if I must come out of hiding over a long holiday weekend, this is as good a way to do it as any.

No comments: